How to Build Your Treatment & Get the Job: Commercial Directing
Thank you for watching our lesson preview.
Please click here to join Hurlbut Academy and learn from the best in the industry.
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 16 Minutes of Instructional Video, Sample Treatment, Behind-the-Scenes Stills, Written Breakdown. ENGLISH SUBTITLES INCLUDED
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: The treatment in the commercial industry is the golden key to landing a job. If you have a bad treatment or underdeveloped idea, don’t expect to be called onto the project. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses the importance of treatments and what he’s been faced as a director in his own right. Agencies and Clients are going to be weary of underdeveloped ideas. This lesson will prepare you to dive in head first on any job.
- How a build a treatment to pitch for the job.
- Understanding what agencies are looking for and how to make yourself stand out from the rest.
- Creating a visual presentation that lets people tap into your vision as a director.
- Breaking down agency boards and how to develop your notes to craft your vision.
- Understanding how to articulate your voice and making the audience know who you are.
- Learning ways to pitch your ideas and to make them stick.
- How to execute earlier discussions with the agency and rope in the job.
- Devising a plan in which you can provide creative assets that the agency will want.
<<<Dan H>>>Working at an ad agency as their in-house video person, it’s really cool to see your perspective for the process when we RFP production houses for our larger projects.
<<<Kristian M>>>Wow. Once again – very interesting and insightful, Shane. Many Thanks! I can not wait to see the next episodes.
<<<Braden B>>>Very very nice Shane. I have always been the agency guy on the receiving end of pitch docs so I’ve never seen things from this perspective. Thank you for sharing.
<<<Melody T>>>This was fabulous, thank you, Shane!
<<<Ahmed>>> Really awesome stuff waiting to see the whole series, I want also to appreciate the trailer for the episode from 00 seconds to 54 seconds really very attractive!
<<<Adrian R>>>Thank you so much for these lessons. They always seem to come on time and on theme with where I am and what I am doing.
This one is particularly good, as there isn’t much out there that shows you how to really put yourself into the treatment and subsequently in the piece you’re creating. Looking forward to part 2.
<<<Bruno A>>>This is so insightful Shane, really love how you approach this treatment. I think this will be very helpful for a treatment I have to present soon. Can’t wait to see the next episodes, thanks so much for this! Can’t wait to see the next episodes, thanks so much for this!