How To Prep for the Pre Prod Meeting: Commercial Directing
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 23 Minutes of Instructional Video, Location Stills, Sun Charts, Storyboards. ENGLISH SUBTITLES INCLUDED
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: This is Part 3 of a 4 Part Series on Commercial Directing. The commercial industry is fast-paced and absolutely cutthroat. In this world you need to constantly be prepping and engaging with agency and clients. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you though his experience in the commercial industry and what’s kept him afloat all these years. One of the key factors in this is preparation and he’ll breakdown the items that you’ll always need to keep in mind.
- Understanding what agencies are looking for and how to make yourself stand out from the rest.
- Creating a visual presentation that lets people tap into your vision as a director.
- How to navigate agency politics and client politics to create a sure footing in the commercial world.
- Breaking down agency boards and how to develop your notes to craft your vision.
- Understanding how to articulate your voice and making the audience know who you are.
- Learning ways to pitch your ideas and to make them stick.
- How to execute earlier discussions with the agency and rope in the job.
- Devising a plan in which you can provide creative assets that the agency will want.