Camera Motion: Dolly
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 15 Minutes of Instructional Video, Topdown Lighting Diagram
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: The dolly push in or out has been a part of the film industry for over 100 hundred years. Whether you’re using a Dana Dolly, Doorway Dolly, Fisher 10, or Chapman Super-PeeWee – the intent is all the same. Understanding how to properly implement dolly moves will help elevate your scene not only visually, but emotionally. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC breaks down his method for utilizing this tool and how he gets what he needs everything single time.
- Understanding the emotion delivered through a dolly.
- How to communicate a dolly move with your team.
- Knowing in advance what it takes to pull off a dolly move.
- How to craft emotion and visual stimulation with a dolly.
- Getting the most out of your dolly push in or pull out.