Camera Movement To Enhance Character Development: Into The Badlands
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 24 Minutes of Instructional Video, Topdown Lighting Diagram –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: In this Lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through his thought process on emoting characters via camera movement. On this show he utilized the Freely Movi M15 to help elevate the efficiency of production and performance of the talent on screen. Through tools like this, you’ll find the unleashing nature of character movement. Being one with you actor, seamlessly with them. This type of movement immerses and audience. This lesson goes into Shane’s thought process and what motivates him to move a camera or not.
- Shooting establishing shots of the plantation
- Emulating skylight with Kino Flo Celeb 400 lights
- How we used the MōVI to add an uneasy feeling to a scene
- How extreme angles shot with wide lenses enhance a character’s power and another character’s inferiority
- Using one light to create a surreal feel
- Creating moonlight to aid storytelling
<<<Tanner>>>Can’t say how much we appreciate these trainings and insights Shane!
<<<Ahem>>>Thank you very much for this great lesson.