How To Increase Your Lighting Speed: Semi Pro
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 11 Minutes of Instructional Video, lighting, camera schematics and a glossary of terms for better learning–SUPPLIED W/ENGLISH SUBTITLES
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: This lesson is Part 5 of a 6 Part series that is Blocking & Lighting from A to Z. It takes you through my thought process on how to block a scene with the script, creating Key frames that then become the foundation for your blocking with the actors on the DAY. Every nuance of being on set and over my shoulder as shot lists are created, blocking is finessed, lighting is perfected is revealed.
We all want to deliver more set ups for our directors, we want to enable more time for our directors to finesse a performance and we want to have time to react to serendipity moments, RIGHT!!!! In this lesson I pull back the curtain on how I light a room for speed turnarounds, how the light just wraps and stays off of walls and delivers a three dimensional cinematic feel.
- Understanding that placing the light on the opposite side of the camera is paramount
- How to light a wide shot
- What to do when you go in for the Close Ups and how I alter the light
- What types of diffusion I use
- Where the lights are placed for speed
- What types of lights I am using
- The power of a Dimmer Board operator to increase you set up count