How Light Placement Affects Emotion: Semi Pro
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 11:30 Minutes of Instructional Video, lighting, camera schematics and a glossary of terms for better learning–SUPPLIED W/ENGLISH SUBTITLES
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: This lesson is Part 6 of a 6 Part series that is Blocking & Lighting from A to Z. It takes you through my thought process on how to block a scene with the script, creating Key frames that then become the foundation for your blocking with the actors on the DAY. Every nuance of being on set and over my shoulder as shot lists are created, blocking is finessed, lighting is perfected is revealed.
Placing your light can effect the emotion of a scene. In this lesson we dive deep into light placement, light quality, light color tone and contrast. We discuss lighting ratio’s so you can understand the amount of over exposing I am doing as well as the under exposing. We go into the subtle nuances that will separate you from the pack.
- Understanding where to place your light
- What quality of light you will use
- Should the face be lit or not to deliver the emotional impact
- What types of diffusion I use
- Where the lights are placed for speed so you can adjust quickly and keep the actors in the zone