Testing + Color Balancing HMI’s
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 12 Minutes of Instructional Video, Written Breakdown –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: HMI Lighting can be a major headache on set if you don’t understand the protocol on balance the units. A lot of times the HMI’s will emit different color values depending if the globe is newer or older. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through the steps on how to counteract these inconsistencies and to make sure the electric team is kept up to speed. This is a firsthand look on logistical tips when working with HMI’s. What are HMI lights and how do they work?
- The proper protocol when prepping and organizing HMI lighting equipment.
- What to lookout for when prepping the equipment.
- How to communicate color shifts in the light quality.
- How to label each individual head and stay organizing.
- Communicating with the team on what to expect when working with this equipment.