How To Light Liquids: Coors Light Pt 5
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 11 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown-SUPPLIED W/ENGLISH SUBTITLES
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Commercial Cinematography is very different than Narrative. A shot can be designed for 4-10 minutes, but in a commercials you have 15 to 30 seconds to convey your story, your message, your style and your attention grabbing imagery. This lesson is Part 5 in a 7 Part series on Commercial Cinematography on what it takes to stay on schedule, on budget, light product, cans, bottles and liquid and deliver the 2 seconds of brilliance per shot.
Lighting liquid can be a daunting task if you’ve never done it before. In Part 3 of this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses this process when lighting beer on his Coors Light commercial. This is a firsthand look into the tools you need to get the job done and to make your products pop.
- Understanding how to light liquid.
- Understanding the importance of picking the right fixtures to get the job done.
- The process and theory to dial in the look that you need.
- The tips and tricks to wow the client.
- How to make your liquid flex for the audience.