How Lenses Assist Storytelling I
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 2 Minutes of Video, In Depth Written Breakdown
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: The lens is the essential piece of the camera puzzle when crafting the composition. Depending on the look you’re trying to achieve, the lens can help elevate you to that goal or it can be your demise. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through his process on picking the best lens for the job. It’s not easy decision locking yourself in for a set of lenses. This lesson will give you the confidence to always make the right choice for the project.
- Understanding that each lens has it’s own traits.
- How certain characteristics will aid your story.
- The difference in how a warm or cold lens will help convey the story.
- How to use a lenses characteristics to be manipulate the audiences perspectives in your advantage.
- Understanding when you have the right lens set for the job.
- The difference between stills glass and cinema glass.
- Considering the sensor size with your lens choice.