Getting the Best out of Your DSMC 1 Dragon Sensor
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE: 3.5 Hours of Video Instructional Camera Tests and Schematics –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN: As an owner/operator you need to get the best out of your tools. This course is designed to do just that with the DSMC 1 RED DRAGON camera system. Specifically in this Course Shane Hurlbut, ASC will guide you on Digital Noise and what levels are acceptable, The use of different OLPF’s and how they immediately will change your footage overnight. Pushing the Dragon sensor to its breaking point so you know how far you can go in under and over exposing. Compression tests so you can see what 2:1 looks like compared to 7:1 as well as revealing the misconceptions of the RAW file. IR Pollution and what levels are acceptable. How to combat IR pollution with a ton of testing with all different types of filters to educate and change your footage immediately. Hours and Hours of testing has gone into educating and paving the road for you to succeed. Shane is going to include all fourteen of the RED Dragon Look Up Tables that I use in my feature films and commercials. I will walk you through how each LUT helps you to tell your cinematic story. All of this is an effort to show you how to get the best out of your RED Dragon DSMC1 camera.
Extensive RED Dragon DSMC1 Camera Tests
- What to Have in your RED Toolkit
- Extensive RED Dragon DSMC1 Camera Tests
- Day ISO Noise Test
- Night ISO Noise Test
- IR Pollution Test
- IR Pollution Test Low Light OLPF vs Standard OLPF vs Skin Tone OLPF
- IR ND Filter vs Non-IR Filter Test
- IR ND Filter vs Hot Mirror IR ND Filter Test
- IR ND Filter vs True ND Filter Test
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test
- IRE Value vs Canon C500 IRE Value/Skin Tone Test
- Under-Exposure Latitude Test
- Over-Exposure Latitude Test
- Day Backlight
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test: Standard OLPF vs Skin Tone Highlight OLPF
- IRE Value/Skin Tone Test: Standard OLPF vs Low Light OLPF
- Each Test includes comparisons of the Standard OLPF, the Skin Tone Highlight OLPF and the Low Light OLPF
- Black Shading Protocol for DSMC1 Cameras
- Understanding Fan Settings
- Understanding Camera Temperatures in relationship to Frame Rate Recording Modes
- Learn how to optimize your DSMC1 Dragon sensor to get the cleanest image possible
- Advanced Heat Management for DSMC1 Cameras
- Learn tips & tricks to getting the camera to work in extreme conditions
- Learn the other half of optimizing your Dragon sensor to get the cleanest image possible
- 14 RED Dragon Look Up Tables (LUTs)
<<<Leslie G>>>Wow, these lessons just get better and better. Thanks Shane and team for including so many details in the lesson!
<<<Brendan R>>>Amazing. Downloading all the images and spending some quality time with these lessons, because I want to get the most out of my Dragon.
<<<Zhibo L>>>Thanks for another round of amazing tests!
<<<Diego G>>>GREAT TEST SHANE! Thank you very much for your time and effort as well as all of the crew’s!
<<<Richard P>>>Awesome test and info. Thanks for your time and insight!
<<<Ron W>>>Great Stuff!
Module 1 – IR Pollution and ND filtration +
Module 2 – OLPF's, Compression, False Color, Over & Under Exposure +
Module 3 – Dragon DSMC 1 LUT's +
Module 4 – Black Shading +
Module 5 – Heat Management +