How to Block & Light Small Locations: Fathers & Daughters – Part 1
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 1 Minutes of Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Behind-the-Scene Stills, Location Stills, Script Breakdowns, Topdown Blocking Diagrams
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: “Fathers & Daughters” is one of the first productions ever to utilize Freefly’s MoVI System and pushing the envelope in a fast-paced environment. In Part 1 of this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC talks about the process of blocking in small environments and how new technology opened the door creative ways of shooting. This is a firsthand look into feature film production and being malleable on the day.
- In-depth looking into shooting “Fathers & Daughters.”
- How to scout and prep for small locations.
- The lighting logistics that you’ll face when working in these environments.
- How to communicate with your crew and to work in unison.
- The tips and tricks to blocking and getting the most out of your talent.
- How to keep production moving at an even pace.