How to Lay Marks and Crew Communication: Camera Assistant Series
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 16 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Behind-the-Scene Stills –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Working as the 1st Assistant Camera on the camera team can be one of the most rewarding yet difficult jobs in the film industry. One pivotal job that they handle is keeping focus and making sure that everything run in unison for this to happen. This lesson is Part 6 of a 7 Part series on the art of being a focus puller, long-time 1st AC, Derek Edwards, discusses his thought process when pulling focus and what keep the team up to speed. This is a firsthand look into the everyday life of the assistant camera work.
- Understanding the art of focus pulling.
- Knowing the equipment to get the job done.
- The theory being holding focus on any setup.
- How to laying marks makes a difference on the day.
- The importance of rehearsing difficult camera moves.
- How communication is key on technical setups.