Rosco CTO & CTS Gels
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 19 Minutes of Instructional Video
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Rosco is one of the leading gel and diffusion manufacturers in the film industry. When it comes to dialing in the right color temp, manipulating the light for a certain look, or affecting the light quality. We try to always go Rosco for their variety of offerings. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses the difference between two heavy hitting gels – CTO (Color Temp Orange) and CTS (Color Temp Straw). You’ll be learning the firsthand difference between the gels and what their characteristics are.
- Understanding the importance of gels.
- What CTO (Color Temp Orange) is and where to use it.
- What CTS (Color Temp Straw) is and where to use it.
- The difference between CTO and CTS.
- The pros and cons of each gel.
- How each gel will affect your image.
- The best applications for each gel.
- The do’s and don’ts when working with CTO or CTS.