Rosco Diffusion Series Part 1: Hanover Frost, Brushed Silk And Light Opal
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 13 Minutes of Video Instruction, Detailed Written Breakdown, Lighting Schematics, and Side by Side Comparison for better instruction -Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: What separates a Master Cinematographer from a good one? I ask you this question because are we not all on that road to become the best that we can be? The Hurlbut Academy is an extension of Lydia’s and my vision, passion, drive, and aspirations. Signing up you already have seen the passion and dedication, now it is your turn to live, breathe, and love the art of visual storytelling.
This lesson in not only understanding light quality, but also light levels and color temperature shifts when using each diffusion. This is a test that I would have died to have access to when I was starting out, but with the Hurlbut Academy it is delivered for all of you to ingest and find your own path and style.
- The ins and outs of Rosco Frosts
- How Rosco diffusion changes and modifies the quality of light
- How many stops you lose
- How color temperature shifts
- How to master frost diffusions to enhance your story
- Test results: Hanover Frost, Brushed Silk, and Light Opal Tough Frost Diffusions.
- What the characteristics of the Frosts are.
- Understanding when and why to apply which Frost diffusion.
- How Frost diffusions affect light levels and color temperature.
- How Frost diffusion affects your light source.
- How to create an even source using certain Frost diffusions.
- How each Frost diffusion affects your shadows and the skin of your subject.
- How each Frost diffusion stacks up against each other.
- How to utilize false colors to see the differences in the Frost diffusion.
- How to maintain your lighting ratio when using thicker Frost diffusion.
- How to create an even source using certainFrost diffusions.
3 Diffusions Tested by Shane Hurlbut, ASC