How to Shoot a Music Video: Part 2
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 11:30 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Behind-the-Scene Stills, and Equipment Breakdown List –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: This lesson is Part 2 of a 2 Part series on how to shoot a music video. Where we discuss not only the tools you need but also how to organize and deliver each COVER SET. I have shot over 500 music videos in my career as a cinematographer. Each one is a unique experience but their are rules to them, even though this medium is all about breaking the rules, being experimental and sticking it to the man. HAHA. I was crazy when I shot music video with experimentation, Christ I processed the super 8mm footage on a Smashing Pumpkins Video in my own bathtub. Then I dragged it down my driveway.
- How to explore the space with different cameras and sensors, simultaneously.
- What the Man Cam is and why it’s and important to technique.
- How to get a closer look with Macro Gear and how to use it effectively.
- Why to work with aerial technicians and obtaining those incredible aerial views.
- How to work with a Special FX team to maximize protection of your gear and equipment.
- Different and more cost effective ways to protect your cameras from debris and rain.
- Why it’s important to work with multiple formats and try new or different techniques.