Tiffen Black Glimmer
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 11:20 minutes of Video Instruction –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Filtration in front of the lens has become a staple for cinematographers over the years. Many cinematographers craft their patented “look” based on how they alter the glass. In this Lesson Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses his love for Black Glimmer Diffusion and his favorite filters to carry out to set. You’ll learn of Tiffen’s many options to help you determine the best filter for future scenarios, and leave with the knowledge of how to dial in your full vision.
- Understanding the difference between white and black filter diffusion.
- How Black Glimmer diffusion affects the highlights.
- How Black Glimmer affects the shadows.
- Understanding how to control your subjects skin with Black Glimmer diffusion.
- Creating a dynamic image utilizing a specific look with Black Glimmer diffusion.
- Being aware of the pros each diffusion filter has.
- Being aware of the cons each diffusion filter has.
- The various types of Black Glimmer and how they’ll affect the image.
- Seeing the difference between each interval of filtration.
- Understanding how focal length and filtration can work together.
Tiffen Diffusion filters tested on a 50mm and 85mm lens w/Black Glimmer Diffusion 1/2-3