First Person POV: Mountain Dew
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 1 Minute of Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: The art of POV isn’t easily taught to you filmmakers and those stills navigating the waters. It takes a long time to know when you should employ a POV perspective or not. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you into his POV-based Mountain Dew commercial and what he learned as a cinematographer when using this setup. This is a firsthand look on how it affects your audience and what to be aware of when implementing this into piece.
- Firsthand looking into POV applied to a commercial setting.
- What POV is.
- How to best utilize the POV perspective in filmmaking.
- The Pros and Cons of POV-based filmmaking.
- The equipment and tools to pull it off.
- The theory behind the process.