How to Build a Headlight Gag
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 9 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Equipment Breakdown List –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: This lesson is Part 1 of a 2 Part series on Headlight Lighting Effects. The Car Headlight Gag is an amazing way to craft dynamic images that feel real to the world. In Part 1 of this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through the process of building this light gag and what it takes to properly execute it. This is a firsthand look into the similar gag he used on his major motion picture, “We Are Marshall.” This lesson will provide you with the insight to execute the gag with ease and confidence.
- Understanding what a headlight gag is.
- The tools necessary to build a headlight gag.
- The Pros and Cons of working with this system.
- How it was employed on “We Are Marshall.”
- How to craft dynamic images with this tool that speak for themselves.
- The theory behind properly executing this.