How To Read False Color On Your Monitor
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 21 Minutes of instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Equipment Breakdown List and Top Down Lighting Schematics –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: In the age of digital cinematography, false color is everything. Since the digital revolution, Shane Hurlbut, ASC has added this incredibly precise tool to his arsenal of exposure methods. Waveforms, histograms, and tried and true light meters are all a thing of the past.
False color is the future. There’s a very specific way Shane likes to map out skin tones which allow shadows and highlights to fall-in for a perfectly exposed image. This method shows you exactly where all the levels in an image fall, leaving no guess work, and providing you with lighting ratios you want. In this Lesson Learn Shane Hurlbut, ASC’s false color exposure secrets so that you can use this powerful tool and become a better cinematographer.
- How to calibrate false color on your Flanders monitor
- Where to set your middle grey
- How to read IRE values for false color
- What shifting the IRE values does
- Why establishing lighting ratios is important
- Where to set your levels to expose for a darker scene
- Where to set your levels to expose for a more lit scene