How To Replicate Midday Interior Light: Into The Badlands
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 14 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Behind-the-Scene Stills, and Equipment Breakdown List and Top Down Lighting Schematics –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: The sun can either be your saving grace or your enemy. It has a mind of its own and you should never rely on Mother Nature to comply with your vision. The best thing to do is to try and make the sun work for you. In this Lesson Shane Hurlbut, ASC breaks down how he combats inconsistent sun levels and utilizes the right tools to create stunning day interior shots. By the end, you’ll understand what you’ll need on the day and how to create a consistent midday look for your interior scenes.
- How to light while the sun is at its most unflattering angle.
- Why you shouldn’t rely on the sun, and how to recreate your own.
- Understanding your location’s sun path and how you can take advantage of that.
- What lights and grip gear to use to recreate midday sunlight.
- How to maintain ambience levels without adding too much light.
- The steps to creating depth with midday lighting and how to not call attention to it.
- Creating that white, clean lighting you’ll find during this time of day.
- Tips on communicating with the production team to schedule your day.