How to Integrate VFX Plates with Live Action: Into The Badlands
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 52 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Behind-the-Scene Stills
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Lighting Day Exteriors and setting up for VFX Plates are two fun yet daunting tasks in the filmmaking process. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes his process on how to get the most out of day exterior light setups and how integrating VFX plates are sometimes added in. This is a firsthand look into the fast-paced work of “Into the Badlands.”
- Understanding how to Lighting Day Exteriors.
- The importance of prepping prior to the shoot day.
- The tools necessary to get the job done.
- How to integrate and work around VFX plates.
- The logistics of working in the VFX world.