How to Integrate VFX’s w/ Live Action: Terminator Salvation
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 20 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown -Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Since the dawn of cinema, we have been employing tools to create visual worlds to transcend our audiences to. Whether it’s through matte paintings, computer generated images, or set construction/design, visual Effects is a huge part of our industry. When replicating a world digitally or in real life, execution and knowledge is key when creating something believable.
In this Lesson Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through Terminator Salvation and his famous “oner” sequence to break down how he employed visual effect techniques to get the most out of the story. You’ll learn the steps you need to take to capture cinematic realism and suspend belief to draw in your audience. This will guide you through the difficulties of one shot sequences and how VFX can help you get the most out of your visuals.
- Understanding the basics of how to work with visual effects.
- What you need to know when trying to make your VFX look real.
- The difference between blue and green screen, and when to use them.
- What a hookup shot is and how you can replicate “oners” with them.
- How to make the right decisions for your movie.
- Understanding how to emote with composition and camera movement.
- Knowing how to to tell a story visually using a one shot sequence.
- The philosophy on why a oner can be such an important tool.
- Breaking down what’s important when crafting your oner.
- How to immerse your audience in the visuals and maintain a story.
- How important it is to analyze and digest media.