How To Illuminate Rain At Night: Into the Badlands
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 14 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Behind-the-Scene Stills –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Some of the most memorable moments in cinema history take place in the dramatic environment which is rain. When adding rain to a scene it can create beauty, power, and a level of difficulty to execute. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC discusses what it took for him to pull off illuminated rain during some of the action-packed fight sequences in “Into the Badlands.” You’ll get a first-hand look into what makes rain a powerful tool and what instruments you’ll need to pull it off.
- How to light to make the most of your rain effects.
- How to light a stage for a night exterior and retain shadow detail.
- How to light for multiple frame rates.
- Tricks to keep your lens clean when shooting in rain.
- Art department tips for making rain stand out.
- Camera block strategies to augment your rain effects.
- Strategies for wides and close ups to get your coverage faster.