How to Light Night Interiors: Pt 3
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 10 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown, Lighting Schematics, and Side by Side Comparison for better instruction –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Lighting “Night Interiors” is about the finessing and minor adjustment of light to get it in the pocket. In our third and final installment, Shane Hurlbut, ASC and his gaffer, Eric Forand, dial in the final changes to pull off the shot. They take you through how minor lighting adjustments can help add depth, dimension, and texture to your images. By the end of this, you’ll understand how to properly light for night interior scenarios and how to direct your crew to effectively execute the vision.
- How to make the Lamp Lighting Gag work.
- Understanding the transition from having a light “on” to “off.”
- How to shape light for added depth and dimension.
- The ratios for night interior lighting work.
- The art of minor changes and finessing lights.
- Considering your key source and how it’s playing off of your room/subject.
- How to use room tone to fill in specific areas.
- Lighting in layers.
- Creating a 3-dimensional world for a 2-dimensional screen.
- The power of blocking and rehearsing with actors.
- How to think efficiently on set when lighting.