Learning to Light Day Exteriors
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN: Lighting Day Exteriors was created by Shane Hurlbut, ASC to demystify the art of using natural and artificial light in day environments. This style of curriculum is equivalent to taking a master class in cinematography. Shane reveals his playbook that has taken him over 25 years to perfect in the art of lighting and balancing day exterior work. Using his proven methodology, this interactive and fun style of learning gives you the necessary tools to increase your speed, expand your skill set, and help gain confidence while shooting outside.
- How to plan your shoot around the path of the sun
- How to extend your dawn and dusk
- How to create longer sunsets
- How to use natural bounce light
- Location scouting and what to look for
- How to find locations that light themselves
- How to use reflectors and mirror boards to redirect the sun
- How to use light and color meters to help balance sunlight and shadow
- How to match artificial light with natural sunlight
- How to shape daylight with the use of negative fill
- Plus secret techniques to filter and transform your day exterior work
<<<Ricardo B>>> Smoking Course on exteriors! So many questions answered. Thanks Shane & Crew.
<<<Dean>>> I must say, totally impressed with this tutorial. I can’t imagine how many hours you and your team spent on this. Two thumbs up!!
<<<Ryan Navarro>>> This was one of the best article I read about lighting exterior shots.
<<<Glen M>>> I’m new to the Hurlbut Academy and I just wanted to say “wow!” and thank you. This is such an amazing resource!
<<<Scott Armstrong>>> Wow! Amazing information. I really needed this.
Module 1 – Location Scouting +
Module 2 – Shaping & Using the Sun to Light +
Module 3 – Artificial Light to Replicate the SUN +
Module 4 – Day Exterior Interview Lighting +