Theory: The Why Behind The How
THIS COURSE INCLUDES: 46 Lessons, 4 FREE Lessons, over 8 hours of Instructional Video, detailed written Breakdowns, Top Down Lighting Schematics, Top Down Blocking Schematics and Side by Side Comparisons
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN: Theory, Why do I have to bother myself with this? The Why you do something educates how you are going to do it. Theory is your Brick and Mortar foundation to your creation, no matter what type of project it is. Have you ever wondered why some scenes are more impactful than others? In this Course you will learn how deliberate camera, lighting and color choices impact the story and audience reactions to it.
- How a camera can play into the emotion of a scene.
- How to orientate your audience, and how NOT to.
- Utilizing camera and movement to provide story details without cutting.
- Understanding how lenses can affect audience perspective.
- How to manipulate what the audiences takes in.
- How to create a camera language for each character in your story.
- Creating movement that will work for the scene.
- Understanding your director’s vision and how to deliver that on screen.
- How to use color temperature to create emotional impact
- How to light for emotion
<<<Adrian>>> Absolutely awesome information and the break down made me even understand it and I’m a web video guy. Ha ha.
<<<Joshua A>>> This is great information for how to take a script and turn it into a visual plan.
<<<Steele R>>> This was an amazing Course. Thank you Shane. Definitely going to use these tips for my Rode Short Film.
<<<Tonya T>>> Your explanations cut through so much……. (Well you know) Thank you for making everything understandable.
<<<Joseph D>>> Thank you so much for this Course Shane! I am learning many things as a part of the Hurlbut Academy!
<<<Gerard D>>> Thank you Shane for your help here in clarifying my thinking and focusing my vision like a laser.
Module 1 – Film Theory +
Module 2 – Camera Theory +
Module 3 – Color Theory +
Module 4 – Day Exterior Lighting Theory +
Module 5 – Theory Podcasts +