Storytelling Through Composition II
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 6 Minutes of Video and a detailed written breakdown
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Composition is king in filmmaking. Where most people discuss lighting, the focal length, etc… We want to take the moment to discuss composition and where objects come together in the frame. In Part 2 of this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you through the importance of where you place items and how they interact with your frame. From the movement of character to objects dirtying up the foreground. Your composition will evoke the necessary information to properly advise the audience. At the end of this lesson, you’ll have the knowledge to properly navigate the world crafted through the lens.
- What composition is.
- The importance of composition in filmmaking.
- Understanding the pros of composition and how it informs the audience.
- How you can manipulate the audiences expectations through this tool.
- How different focal lengths will affect your compositional choices.
- Understanding the different ways to tell a story through composition.