Establishing The World
INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON: 16 Minutes of Instructional Video, In-Depth Written Breakdown –Supplied w/English Subtitles
IN THIS LESSON YOU WILL LEARN: Establishing your world and building the environment can be one of the most rigorous yet rewarding parts of the filmmaking experience. This is the backdrop in which your characters thrive and navigate in the duration of however long your piece is. In this lesson, Shane Hurlbut, ASC takes you deep into the world of “Terminator Salvation” and what the team faced when navigating this barren wasteland. This is an in-depth look at the importance of establishing your world early on and how to build off of that momentum.
- Understanding the world in which you’re shooting.
- How to adapt the script to screen.
- The process of conveying this world through cinematography.
- How pacing plays into the whole equation.
- How to establish the world and to only give enough information to keep the audience interested.
- Defining the perspective of the piece to maintain that it is coherent.
- Understanding the logistics of shooting action/narrative sequences in a feature film.
<<<Dwane H>>> That was fantastic. Both very excellent information and highly entertaining as usual!
<<<Craig H>>> Shane I can’t say enough good things. That was a really informative and more importantly fun session!