Menu Account



Term: Kitchen Sink Realism or Kitchen Sink Drama

Share This
« Back to Glossary Index

A term to describe a British art and film movement which deals with the domestic conditions of British working class people. The characters are often angry young people living in rented flats, particularly in the poor industrial areas in Northern England. The name “kitchen sink realism” can be traced back to a painting of a kitchen sink by John Bratby. Kitchen sink realism is a form of social realism.

« Back to Glossary Index

our trusted partners